Friday, January 8, 2010

How to Climb a Tree

The climbing trees at our house are guava trees with smooth
bark and a wide branching trunk. This is me HANGING ON TIGHT!

First on the big tree in the back you have to stand up on the tree -- only if you can balance--on the trunk. On this tree the trunk is curved so there is a place to stand.

And then you have to climb. You have to hold your hands onto different branches. Leopards have claws but people do not so you have to hold on even with your hands. No shoes is better of climbing. It makes you have a better grip.

I can go around the the big bump, lower than mommy standing up, higher than mommy sitting down. I climb down the tree backwards but I look down so I won't fall down. I can see the branches that I have to step on.


A silly, curly tree in the Mutinondo Wildnerness Area.

1 comment:

  1. Finny Peter Finch Jennings!

    You are an excellant story teller! The people in your stories do amazing things! Keep up the
    good work, write every week, so I can keep up with your life.
    love, Nana

    ReplyDelete